Saturday, November 30, 2013

Lines composed-

P1013559 P1013561 P1013560 P1013589 P1013612 P1013637 P1013642 P1013674 P1013682 P1013584 P1013770 P1013717

from my computer chair, looking back on my beautiful day in the Wye Valley, exploring the ruined Tintern Abbey.
More than anything, I hope my pictures express the feeling of space that I experienced when I was there. This was the most Romantic ruin I've ever experienced, and I just had this wonderful feeling as I walked around between the walls that still stand so high, and through rooms that you can almost imagine are still in use. The center of the old Abbey was the best bit, with all the pillars and the way you can see into other rooms while you walk around on grass instead of a floor.
The weather was really bizarre the day I went, and it rained off an on while I walked around the Abbey, but the sun came out when I was finished and occupied in exploring the town. I ate my lunch on a stump next to the above bridge and watched the river. I found two friendly little doves and that lovely note someone left behind. They clearly forgot to mention they were also celebrating my birthday, but I'll let it slide.
Wales was so beautiful and I enjoyed my whole two days there. It's insane that I'm trying to form opinions of whole countries in little more than 48 hours, but there you have it.
My train ride home was one of the highlights of the trip, as I met a charming British fellow who kept me laughing all the way from Cardiff to Paddington. It was a great way to wrap up the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I feel so jealous that you are there and I am here and I may never have the chance to just buzz around the British Isles and may never relive the places we just scampered through during Hoof and Mouth disease when we couldn't leave the bus and walk about the countryside.

    ReplyDelete

Happy to hear from you! Let's play word ping pong.